I love my job, precisely because I learn so much every day that I didn’t know before.
Here’s the summary for this week:
- The Stage gives pretty good advice to aspirant actors
- Early graduate underemployment in the first job might linger.
- Arup International Development have a pretty awesome competition with Engineers Without Borders
- There a loads of empty Facebook pages for both the Engineering Council and BCS, but none at all for Prospects.
- There are bosses out there that really don’t understand LinkedIn (not mine!)
- Ombudsmen are neither statutory bodies nor charities, and so not exempt from National Minimum Wage
- Kiwi flavour biscuits are odd, yet strangely addictive
- Controversial questions sometimes don’t get as much attention as you’d think(!)
- You can use =LEN(A1) on Excel to count the number of characters in cell A1. Perfect for checking twitterability…
- www.researchprofessional.com contains a handy database of postgrad/postdoc funding, but can only be accessed on a university server
- Strengths-based assessments are being considered by more recruiters, and are NOT the same as competency assessments
- actuaries.org.uk contains a really handy database of internships, and advice on taking the Financial Maths exam as a taster course