I love my job, precisely because I learn so much every day that I didn’t know before.
Here’s the summary for this week:
- A ‘sponsor’ and an ’employer’ are different things when it comes to short term work in the USA
- Personal profiles on CVs could easily be replaced with LinkedIn-style recommendation quotations
- Tons about career development theory from my postgrad course – a little snippet here
- There are amazing volunteering roles at http://www.do-it.org.uk
- Most students think that there are many, many law firms who just do human rights (there really aren’t).
- GIS is something that most universities have access too, and could use to map vacancies
- Using a type character (e.g. “&”) can be used signal disability needs on appointment bookings
- Courses going on in your building which might have leftover danish pastries NEVER finish on time.